Wednesday, 17 June 2009

Omantel Spamming Customers

Having had enough of the muppets who man the phones at Nawras, Jet Driver decided to
switch over and give his highly lucrative mobile phone business to Oman Mobile.

What you lose on the swings, you gain on the roundabouts!

For the past few days I have been flooded with text messages offering me anything from Mont Blanc Pens to Lacoste T-shirts to Blackberrys - all with a great big spam-support thumbs up from Omantel.

Sure, I have the option of "2*(name of company) and send to 96xxx, but for crying out loud, at this stage I am having to do this up to five times a day.

Now, as far as I know, the world in general has been doing its level best to stamp out spammers - but I find that Oman's national telecommunications provider is dishing out spam of its own.

I didn't sign up for spam, I didn't request it, I don't want it, I don't need it - but when I phoned up the helpline, they said: just delete it - there's nothing we can do!

Well sod off Omantel! You delete it! - get a grip!

5 comments:

Oman said...

The spamming is despite the Telephone Regulatory Body having sent out a SMS a couple of years ago banning it – and requesting that offender are reported .
I find Nawras staff more helpful and knowledgeable than their equivalent at OmanMobile – so switched to them from OmanMobile a few months ago

omanobserver said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
omanobserver said...

JD, you switched from Nawras to bloody Omantel?! Now that's a first... those of us who've been putting up with this f'ing spam (for what, two years now?) keep promising ourselves daily that we'll switch to Nawras, but never seem to quite get round to it. And if we're doubly stupid and keep an Omantel email address too, we also get daily spam from "promotions@omantel...". They really are an absolute disgrace.

farkknight said...

OmanHell's repsonse to the requirement of promoting anti-spam was to give the 2*(compname) option. Otherwise, before that, this did not exist either.

However, I find that once having gone through the 5-times-a-day thingie, things slow down exponentially.

And then again, no harm in getting to know of new promos.


-FK

Anonymous said...

They can switch it off in their system. Call them and tell them you don't want unsollicited promotional sms'.
Worked for me last year, haven't had one since.