Thursday, 11 February 2010

Electrocution.....

The following story was brought to my attention last night and I was bemused that the incident did not make the papers - at least to my knowledge.

Apparently three or maybe four Indian or Pakistani building site workers were electrocuted a few weeks back while wheeling a scaffolding tower around outside and striking overhead lines in Mawaleh.

An eye-witness told me that they had objected to moving it because of the cable danger, but their "handler" (who wasn't going to be touching the metal scaff-bars anyway) told them to get a move on and that it was fine!

The witness said that there was a flash and all the men were burned and died.
(Sounds like they were high tension lines to me.)

Has anyone else out there got any info on the above?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 People died in the incident if i am not wrong and 2 more seriously injured.

It was a clear ignorance of HSE policies when the work was being carried out, head this from the SQU H where the injured were taken to.

Jet Driver said...

Anonymous

Thanks for the info.

I wonder if the employers will give a FAIR pay out to the families of those involved or will they just give a shrug and blame it on the workers.

After all, that would be the "local" thing to do wouldn't it?

JD

Nadia said...

What a tragedy. It wasn't reported in the papers.