Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Rock Bottom Bouncers Assaulting Customers Again!

It has been brought to my attention that the Rock Bottom management have started racial profiling again on their entrance - something to do with skin color being associated with the amount of money that you have to pay to get in.


Those who object to being segregated and discriminated against because of their ethnic origin or, in some cases, excessive sun-tan, can expect to have their face smashed in by a somewhat disproportionate ratio of about 15 bouncers to 1 customer.


The above actions assume some form of legal immunity from arrest for the staff of Rock Bottom. 
One wonders what the deal is. Free entry and drinks for Muscat's finest maybe? Who knows?


You can read more about it here on Muscat Mutterings.


So maybe it is time to have a long hard look at whether or not you want to risk getting a beating during your night out around town.


The bottom line in this blogger's opinion is that there are far better establishments for folks to go and have a burger, a drink and a dance in than the paltry efforts for Ramee Guestline Hotel and the attached after-thought that is Rock Bottom. 


Where I come from, places that use excessive force on their patrons get boycotted for better venues.


Maybe the venerable Andy In Oman can get do a night-life review for us. 
His restaurant review blogs have changed my social life in Muscat, and I highly recommend you read his blog.


Ciao

9 comments:

Sythe said...

Thanks JD!

boxster said...

Stopped reading Andy in Oman when I realized that he's a fundamentalist.

Jet Driver said...

Aye. The God Squad stuff gets on my wick but the restaurant reviews are great! :)

Andrew Brown said...

MJD,
Thanks for the link/promotion. We are loving the restaurants in Muscat and I'm glad you are benefiting from some of the reviews.

Boxster,
"A fundamentalist"? That's the best compliment I've received all week. Thanks! ;-)

I'm certainly not about to fault you gentlemen (or anyone else for that matter) for not thinking the exact same way I do. In fact, I myself felt the same way you do up until only about 8 years ago. A lot of people are put off by some of my "God Squad stuff" (haha) but I'm of the opinion that you can never mention God enough. (I consider myself "grateful" and actually despise the loathsome adjective of "religious"!) Frankly, I am thrilled (even surprised) that anyone would want to read ANYTHING on my blog as I normally write for myself.

Anyway, thanks again, MJD, and keep up the great blogging. You haven't been posting much in the past few months. Hopefully you'll keep the posts coming now! Cheers!

Suburban said...

You might be a freaky-deaky holy roller, but you are all class Andy.

:-)

The Linoleum Surfer said...

Waiting for a review of bouncers...

Jet Driver said...

LS

Reviewed the bouncers a while back:

http://muscatjetdriver.blogspot.com/2009/07/rock-bottom-muscat.html

JD

Omani Jewel said...

why even go there ?

Blewyn said...

Good steaks. Haven't been in about a year though, and not likely to if this is the way they carry on. (I'm white by the way).