Monday, 27 September 2010

I'm Back!......Or Am I?

Well look what we have here!

I turn my back for a few weeks of hard-earned treasure spending during Ramadan and Eid, and have now come back to see that my good friend Undercover Dragon has left for pastures new.

It is indeed sad to lose such a witty and thought-provoking accomplice of the blogosphere, however, as he put so well, the world is trying to rebuild itself after the financial fuck-ups of the past 18 months and the major movers and shakers are being very aggressively head-hunted for new positions within the global recovery.

Oman simply does not cut it anymore for most of us, from a financial perspective.
And while many of my local readers correctly remind me that we are only here to suck up the money available - we DO actually leave a lot behind in terms of experience and value to you as a nation.

Seriously....most of you don't know your arse from your elbow when it comes to business and general how-to-run-things.
From the muppet serving me in the Shell Select, to the one in the office who needs a perpetual training seminar on how to use the photocopier.....the reality is that YOU NEED US....and you will do for a long time.

The alternative is a nation full of head-scratchers and blamers who will eat themselves alive from within.
So to those who have been attacking expats in general - just shut up and let us get on with helping you to build a proper functional place to grow and provide for your children.

Maybe take stock and LISTEN to what we say. LEARN from us. That way.....we will eventually move on and you will have a place of continuing prosperity and functionality - instead of the cadge as cadge can, queue-jumping, false sense of entitlement, that you so sickeningly demonstrate now.

This is Jet Driver's last post on this blog, as like so many others who have gone before me, I have grown tired of making efforts for folks who just don't give a damn about themselves or their country.

The money is no longer enough. I have a better offer. I'm gone. See ya!

JD

9 comments:

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

That is sad:'( news. I liked your writing style.

Goodluck with everything though and enjoy the new things in your new adventure.

I can't give up on Oman. It is my home.

While I agree, there are MANY inept people with false senses of entitlement syndrome, there are MANY hard-working Omanis (maybe with less education due to low social circumstances) who are VERY intelligent and fully capable of picking up anything they are given a chance to. INCLUDING the photocopier and how to make their economy outlast the petro dollars.

I want to be here to see that.

Yours was the first Oman blog I googled and I laughed at similar things observed but better stated by you than others. Take care JD.

Anonymous said...

What a pity you should end your blog on such a bitter note. It has been enjoyable to read your blog but this post is just a little too hateful for my liking.

Good luck on your new adventures.

Nadia said...

Good Luck JD! May your future be a little more cheerful than your post :)

Anonymous said...

Be thankful for what you have, your financial status and the blessings bestowed upon you by the Almighty. Some may not be half as fortunate as you.
I will end this comment as bitterly as you wrote your post,

"Good riddance to bad rubbish!"

muscati said...

but who'll tell us how useless we are now that you're gone?

Anonymous said...

Stop generalizing you bastard

Fuck you an good riddance

Anonymous said...

And you'll at least leave having learnt how to wash your ass with some water instead of just a square of toilet paper. Good luck looking for another hand to feed you!

Anonymous said...

Being fired can be difficult to take JD.

desertman said...

I'm sad to see you go, JD. I'm even more sad to see that you leave with a bitter taste in your mouth. It's such a pity that your last post on this blog is full of venom and spite for a country and its people which has support you (and your family?) for so long. No doubt you have left Oman a wiser, more rounder, more experienced (and wealthier) person than when you arrived. Oman has been good to you. The street is always a two-way street, no matter how wide or narrow those lanes are. I wish you well for the future.