Thursday, 19 March 2009

Room Service in Hong Kong

The Jet Driver has to travel a lot. And while I know that there has to be some give and take and understanding and, of course, respect; I thought that you might like to have a read of this conversation which took place at a five-star establishment in Hong Kong:

RS = Room Service ; JD = Jet Driver

RS: Morny. Ruin sorbees.
JD: Sorry, I thought I'd dialed room-service.

RS: Rye...ruin sorbees...morny! Jewish to odour sunteen?
JD: Uhhh, yes. I'd like to order some bacon and eggs please.

RS: Ow July den?
JD: What?
RS: Ow July den? Pry, boy, pooch?

JD: Oh, the eggs! OK. How do I like them? Sorry, scrambled please.
RS: Ow July dee baychem? Crease?
JD: Crisp will be fine, yes.

RS: Hokay. An San tos? 
JD: What?
RS: San tos. July San tos?
JD: Err, I don't think so.
RS: No? Judo one toes?
JD: I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what "judo one toes" means.
RS: Toes! Toes! Why jew don juan toes? Ow bow Engrish moppin we bother?

JD: English Muffin! Got it! You were saying 'Toast'. Fine, yes. An English Muffin will be fine. 
RS: We bother? 
JD: No....just put the bother on the side.
RS: Wad? 
JD: I mean, butter...just put it on the side.

RS: Copy?
JD: Sorry?
RS: Copy....tee....mill?
JD: Yes, coffee please, and that's all.
RS: Won minnie. Ass ruin toofohfai.... strangle ache, crease bayhcem, tossy singlish moppin we bother honey sigh, and copy...rye?
JD: Whatever you say.
RS: Tenjewberrymud
JD: You're welcome.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The old ones are the best. This one actually works better if you say you were in Nicargua.

Bobby said...

LOL!

OMG! you're gr8 to talk that much - I wud have eaten him in the midway...

Jet Driver said...

Anon

Indeed they are! :)


Bobby

You're not suppose to "eat" guys LOL

JD

Omani Dreamer said...

LOL!

This is funny! The same thing happens to me when my roomate's mom calls..
Except, she yells at me.. ^__!

Anonymous said...

Nice to have you back JD.

This 'Room Service' dialogue ia a chapter in the book 'A Hotel Is A Place' written by Shelley Berman. Hilarious stuff...

Daniel.

Anonymous said...

Here's a link to Little Soaps

Daniel :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry....That link is broken. Let's hope this one works

Daniel :-/

Kapil said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!

Blo as naw bee boomard.